Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Universities in Maryland...?


Universities in Maryland...?
Are the universities in Maryland hard to get into if you are out of state, such as University of Maryland at Baltimore? What are the requirements to get into such a school GPA? SAT? Extra curriculars? What is the best University in Maryland for me in your opinion? I am from California I have an accumulative unweighted GPA of 3.43, weighted of 3.71 student council, debate, president of one club. I don't want too big of a campus with too big of a student body. I prefer smaller schools with a great campus life with school spirit and a great social scene and a nice setting. Large city would be nice and a nice economic/political program. Which universities in Maryland would be good for me?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Maryland-College Park seems good. It's pretty close to Baltimore. You have a chance, ur GPA is decent, so I would apply.


2
DMX is right.. but beware UMCP is a big school. However, it has good traditions, ,school spirit and social events for students. The Economics program and Government&Politics (GVPT) program is one of the best in the countries. One of my majors is GVPT and I have professors that actually work in prestigious fields (ie consultant for WB, UN advisor, etc.). Professors have won academic awards such as the pulitzer award. It is also in a suburban area, but very close to Wash. D.C. (approx 3 mi to the border). --great internships and fed job potentials.

Popular Posts