Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tips for med school?


Tips for med school?
Ok, so I am going into my freshmen year and I am beginning my work on my collage manuscript. I am in track, dance team, and marching band. Next year I will be in golf. I am in all advanced classes (except for geometry, but i am still a year ahead of most of my peers.) I will be taking 4 years of German and every summer I am taking an online math class so I can skip ahead a grade in math so I will be in pre-cal by my sophomore year. I have med classes at my school that i will be taking for the three years of high school that it is available for. I am in a ton of clubs such as FCCLA and NJHS (Which is made for getting you scholarships) And grades wise I think i am in the top 5% to 10% in my class. I want to get into Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore Maryland. Any tips for getting a full scholarship to the collage of my dreams? I am planning to be a pediatric neurosurgeon. The med classes are along side of my science classes. My school provides local jobs at medical facilities for the med students.
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
An over achiever like you is asking us for advice. I don't see a full sweep of science, including chemistry and biology unless you are including that in medical.


2
Try to find ways to show your interest in the field of medicine. See if you can find a job being an assistant as an assistant in the Radiology department of a hospital or something. Go to Johns Hopkins website and search for scholarships they offer. And try to work on what they're looking for in candidates.


3
Being the top 5-10% (instead of the real genius 0.1%) mean you have to show more REAL interest in medicine, esp if you say that you wanna be a paed neurosurgeon. Med school will select ppl who have vast interests but only the really top student. To get a scholarship, you need to be real good in a particular sport or art. Have you won anything in dance, golf, whatever to prove your trackrecord?

Popular Posts