Sunday, May 22, 2011

School in York, England?


School in York, England?
I just turned 17 and I'm going into 12th grade this year. Once I graduate I planning to go to college in another country, obviously. Right now I live in Baltimore, Maryland, US. I've been looking at colleges since winter last year and recently I've had my mind set on going to school in another country. Preferably the UK. I've been looking at a bunch of schools and I really, really like The University Of York! I've been trying to get good information for an hour or so, but I figured I'd just ask myself. Could any one give me any tips?! Like, is it a real hard thing to do? Is it super expensive? Am I just totally dreaming here? Anything would be SO appreciated (:
Other - United Kingdom - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I think that it is going to remain a dream for you. Of course if mummy and daddy have pots of money. Dreams can come true. York is one of my favourite cities. It has a wealth of history and the University is good. As a foreign student, you can live and do some work, but what you would earn would not cover the expense of the education and accommodation costs. Dare I say, even if you could get a job... Just renting a room in a shared house will cost you at least $75-$100 a week and you will probably also have to share the costs of utilities (gas-water-electric) and eat. If you do get accepted as a student, you would need to meet the cost of your studies too. The fees depend on the subject but they are quoting £3250 a year and with the exchange rate as it is That is over $5000. That means you will need a minimum of $30,000 to do a three year course and live very frugally during that time.

Popular Posts