Tuesday, February 22, 2011

University of Maryland, Baltimore County?


University of Maryland, Baltimore County?
am transferring out of here (community college in Maryland) with my associate's degree, and need at least 90 credits to get into UMBC School of Dentistry, which means I will have to take two semesters * fifteen credits each at UMBC before applying to dental school there, considering they transfer 60 credits max currently. I am wondering, does that change with the associate's degree? Because I will have 64-68 credits when I graduate with the associate's. All of this in mind, what are my chances of being accepted into UMBC School of Dentistry without a bachelor's degree (90 credits total) and a GPA of about 3.6? I haven't taken ACT/SAT/DAT yet obviously, and am also curious whether schools typically look at your GPA or any of the aforementioned tests.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Why would it be obvious that you haven't taken SAT or ACT? Without a bachelor's degree and with a 3.6 GPA I think it it pretty unlikely you will get into any dental school (or for that matter any highly competitive professional program.)


2
If they only accept 60 credits maximum -- then what makes you think that just because you have an AA means that they will accept your 68? 60 credits maximum means that they won't accept more than 60 credits. Isn't that pretty obvious? While a GPA of 3.6 is good -- I also suspect that it isn't good enough to get you into dental school a year early.

Popular Posts