Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baltimore, Maryland Questions?


Baltimore, Maryland Questions?
I'm moving to Baltimore as soon as I graduate from school with my nursing degree. I would like some pointers. Some of my questions are: - What is an affordable (moderately) safe neighborhood for apartments/row houses? (I'm single w/ no kids and would like to live in Baltimore City) - About how much can I expect to pay for housing? - How would you rate the cost of living with other large cities? (I live in Atlanta now so a comparison to Atlanta would be great) - Overall is Baltimore a good city for a young upcoming professional like myself? - Is there any additional info you feel I should know about Baltimore? Oh yeah. I'm African American and would like to live in a neighborhood that is at least 20% (or more) African American. It would also help if there was a hospital nearby (since I'm a nurse).
Other - United States - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
As for your last question, I'd say most of the neighborhoods in Baltimore City would qualify on the at least 20% African American part. There are lots of large hospitals in the city, so that shouldn't be a problem either. Baltimore has a higher cost of living than Atlanta but then you'll make more money too, especially since hospitals tend to be more unionized in the Northeast Corridor than the rest of the country. As for which neighborhoods you'll like, that's going to depend on your likes and dislikes. There are plenty to choose from so come check them out. The safer neighborhoods tend to be east of I-83.

Popular Posts